Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Advanced Practitioner (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) is responsible for providing healthcare services to patients under the supervision of, and/or in collaboration with, the attending physician. These services include, but not limited to, medical evaluation, treatment, counseling, and referrals. Consists of diagnostic evaluations, therapeutic remediation, surgical assistance, and pharmaceutical prescription
As with any other health care professional, the Advanced Practitioner is charged with being a patient advocate. The Advanced Practitioner will participate in patient satisfaction, quality, and performance improvement initiatives.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Competent in the assessment, treatment, counseling, and education of the patient, and their families, being provided medical services.
- Competency in evaluating patients and performing physical examinations including obtaining, studying, and updating medical histories.
- Demonstrates ability to determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as radiologic and laboratory studies, and then accurately interpreting test results.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements appropriate patient management and treatment plans, based on assessment of needs
- Coordinates and communicates patient care effectively with other healthcare professionals and institutions to meet patient's healthcare needs.
- Provides high quality health care, based on best practice and/or evidenced based medicine.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, as appropriate, and aligned with granted clinical privileges
- As requested, conduct virtual care services, described as live and interactive clinical assessments, diagnosis, and treatment of patients via St. Luke's virtual care platform, assisting in care coordination and/or escalation of care, as appropriate
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. Maintains required continuing medical education
- Participates in the research, development, implementation, and tracking of clinical management guidelines.
- Participates in the teaching of multidisciplinary students (nursing, nurse practitioner, pharmacy, physician assistant, medical, etc.) and physician residents & fellows, ensuring a positive educational environment.
- Participates in AP student clinical rotation preceptorship, when assigned
- Demonstrates performance improvement in the following areas as appropriate: clinical care/outcomes, customer/service improvement, operational system/process, and safety.
- Competent in utilizing electronic medical record, remains current with medical record documentation, and provides documentation that is for optimal for billing provided professional services.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Performs routine health maintenance activities for new and established patients.
- Coordinates patient care and family counseling with public and mental health agencies, as appropriate.
- Teaches wellness habits and educates patients on prevention of potential health problems or method of dealing with present problems. Provides information and materials relating to patient health care needs
- Provide occupational health services in the urgent care setting, including but not limited to; pre-employment physicals, injury care and work comp cases/follow ups.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 8 hours per day; 3 hours at a time. Stand for up to 8 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walking for up to 6 hours per day. Frequently lifting, carrying and pushing objects up to 10 pounds. Rarely lifting, carrying and pushing objects up to 75 pounds. Frequently stooping and bending. Frequently reaching above shoulder level. Frequently handling, firm grasping and twisting & turning as it relates to performing procedures. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation, high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision. Must be able to speak as it relates to normal conversation and projection as it relates to lectures and presentations.
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Medical Physician Assistant with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania or New Jersey, as determined by the job location. Physician Assistants must also have a current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!