Location: Nashville, Tennessee
MCJCHV Throughput Center
Coordinates the scheduling/admission/transfer of all patient admissions from referring hospitals, clinics, urgent care clinics and physician offices to effectively balance the impact to clinical and operational areas and facilitate effectual throughput. Coordinates all components related to the initial admission, transfer, or consult of critical and non-critical patients into the accepting facility from referring hospitals, clinics, and physician offices with some guidance. Manages and dispatch tasks for patient transport and Environmental Services.
- 3 days per week
- 6:45 AM - 7:15 PM
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience)
- 4 years relevant experience
Our teams make life-changing discoveries every day. Our patients have access to the latest approaches and innovative studies found only in a research-focused children's hospital. Through research and training of future pediatric specialists, we help improve the lives of children everywhere.
- Make recommendations that promote the best potential patient outcomes based on patient information, patient/physician preferences, and the capability of both transferring and receiving facilities.
- Screens admissions, using approved criteria, for appropriateness of level of care orders and bed assignments. Coordinate patient scheduling needs for appointments and perioperative procedures.
- Conducts Bed Control Meetings in conjunction with Administrative Coordinator, interacts with multi-disciplinary stakeholders in exploring expected patient admissions, transfers and discharges, and serves as coordinator for patient movement throughout facility.
- Identify, trend, and report barriers to patient flow and throughput. Make recommendations for improving processes and systems.
- Direct the activity of the EVS and transporters, ensuring timely completion of tasks; follow-up on issues related to service and operations.
- Continuously monitors response times and. alerts supervisor if response time are longer than departmental standards.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.