Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a part time RN to join our NICU team.
Must have 2+ years of NICU RN experience
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Unit/Position SummaryThe NICU is one of the larger units in the hospital; serving infants (and their families) requiring medical or surgical care immediately after birth. Infants' medical conditions vary from extremely premature to ones having difficulty transitioning to extra-uterine life. We are a level 4 NICU: treating infants requiring gastrointestinal, neurological, and musculoskeletal surgeries or treatments. We care for all types of NICU patients excluding ECMO and complex cardiac surgery. We are a transport referral site and receive patients from all over the region. We are a delivering hospital and attend all high risk deliveries. The NICU provides 24/7 Neonatology coverage with an in house neonatologist and nurse practitioner. NRP and STABLE are recommended
Why Boise NICU:
"My contract ended this past week and I just wanted to say a final thank you for letting me be a part of the St. Luke's team. The staff was very welcoming, and I loved learning from and working with everyone. One day in particular that stood out to me was a day where I had two transfers and a discharge back to back. Multiple people came in to help me get everything done. I really appreciated the support and teamwork during that busy shift, and you should feel really proud of the positive environment that your staff is cultivating and bringing the newer nurses into. I enjoyed my time here and would be happy to come back again if there is a need in the future - keep me in mind!"
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
Experience: 2+ years of NICU RN experience
Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
As the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Luke's Health System is dedicated to our mission "to improve the health of people in our region."
Why St. Luke's:
- Five-time Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence
- Named one of the top 15 Health Systems in the U.S. for the 9th consecutive year
- Locally owned, not-for-profit, and driven by a strong sense of purpose
- St. Luke's Children's Hospital, Idaho's only children's hospital, has been recognized for the first time as a Level 2 Pediatric Trauma care facility by the American College of Surgeons. The achievement recognizes St. Luke's pediatric trauma center's dedication and delivery of excellence in caring for injured pediatric patients in Idaho
- SLHS named one the best hospitals for maternity care
Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.