A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a
physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practic
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Direct patient to proper exam/treatment room; prepare patients for examinations and other procedures, complete H&Ps and take vitals
5. Assist physician with procedures as directed, when necessary, remove sutures and apply steri-strips, collect, label and document specimens and transport to laboratory for frozen sections, log all biopsy results; send copy to appropriate physician. Mix medications, give injections and is competent with IVs.
6. Instruct patients in all appropriate procedures
7. Maintain, clean and/or sterilize medical equipment and instruments
8. Utilize electronic health record for patient work-ups and tasks assigned
9. Order and maintain inventories of supplies; set up stock areas for daily use; clean exam rooms between patient visits
10. Evaluate daily schedules to accommodate patient flow; obtain necessary charts and charge tickets
11. Post test results and physician dictation in patient charts; complete charge tickets, if necessary
12. Receive chart requests and arrange transfer to other clinic departments
13. Perform other tasks as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited nursing program.
2 years of healthcare experience preferrably in a physician practice
Current State LVN/LPN license and CPR certification.
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Facility: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.