Under the limited direction of the attending physician or designee, obtains
and records patient medical history; performs physical examinations;
orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and
treatment plans. Performs routine invasive procedures; performs diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures. Educates and counsels patient and family
members on condition, desired results of treatment plans, expectations
during illness and recovery, and other related areas. Participates in the
management of patient's care, determining need for consultation to ensure
the continuity and quality of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Preliminary history and physical exam
2. Daily patient visits for routine follow-up
3. Initial nursing and/or medical diagnoses for acute and chronic health
care problems to be accompanied by physician consult
4. Ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests
5. Prescribing treatments, including medications, within the scope of
delegated prescriptive authority.
6. Medication reconciliation
7. Preparation of preliminary discharge summary
Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating
an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as
directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations.
Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations
JCAHO requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those
marked with an asterisk.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited program for Physician
Assistants, or the equivalent combination of education and experience,
including approximately one year (2000 hours) of clinical internship.
2. Certification from the National Commission of Certification of Physician
3. License as a Physician Assistant by the state of Michigan.
4. Following successful selection/placement into the job, six to twelve
months on the job training to perform specialty procedures and
5. Eligible to secure a DEA license upon hire as required by the particular
position assignment at the Detroit Medical Center.
6. Eligible for approval of privileges to practice within the Detroit
Medical Center as an Allied Health Professional through the Detroit Medical
Center Medical Staff Organization.
1. Analytical ability to monitor data, develop treatment plans and
Independent judgment to monitor and respond to changes in patient
2. Interpersonal skill necessary to effectively communicate with patient,
family members, medical staff and nursing personnel.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue
leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with
decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills,
and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge
alliances and garner support.
Job: Physician Assistant
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.